From 2005-2006, I was working on Shadowbane, and wanted to talk about MMO design issues without being in a position of promising anything to anyone. As such, I devised the Monday Morning Design Question, a post that would typically have no content but a question for my readership. Reading through these, I felt that there were some value in these comments, so I’ve created this page to link directly to those pages on the outdated version of this blog on archive.org. These posts were not otherwise transferred into the new blog.
- What is immersion?
- Why do people who like to solo play MMOs?
- What’s the best travel system in an MMO?
- What’s the perfect crafting system? And followup: What motivates a crafter?
- How would you price your MMO?
- How can a superhero themed game deal with the fact that everyone wants to play as a known character like Batman?
- What are the best game endings?
- What game missed the point of the franchise or genre they were striving for?
- If you could transform any franchise into a license, what would you choose (and why?)
- Should crafting be a dedicated activity, or one that casuals can maximize?
- What’s your favorite MMO class?
- What bodyforms do you like to play as, for both male and female?
- When is immersion overrated?
- What is ‘fun’?